Use your fork to break through the crunchy crust to reveal the delicious chicken and mushroom filling hidden underneath.
The ingredient of Chicken and mushroom pot pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin removed, flesh roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Chicken and mushroom pot pies
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, garlic and bacon. Cook for 2 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and chicken. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until mushrooms soften.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tablespoons of stock. Add to saucepan with remaining stock. Bring to the boil. Add cream. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley, and salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Lightly grease 4 x 1 1/4-cup capacity heatproof ramekins. Using tops of ramekins as a guide, cut 2 rounds from each sheet of pastry. Divide chicken mixture between ramekins.
- Place pastry circles on top of chicken mixture. Press with a fork to seal edges. Pierce a small hole in centre of each lid. Brush lids with egg. Place pies onto a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and mushroom pot piesfatContent: