The ultimate food for the soul - chicken soup will nourish your body and mind.
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable soup
- 1 celery stick
- 1 small carrot
- 560mls (2 1/4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 single chicken breast fillet
- 2 chat potatoes, cubed
- 8 small snow peas, sliced
- 1 green shallot,chopped
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread roll, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable soup
- Slice 1/2 the celery stick and chop the remaining into larger chunks. Dice half the carrot and chop the remaining into larger chunks.
- Place the stock, celery chunks and carrot chunks in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add the chicken and return to the boil. Reduce heat to medium- low and cook the chicken for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook for a further 4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon to lift the vegetables out of the saucepan and discard. Remove the chicken from the stock and drain on paper towel. Slice the chicken thinly across the grain.
- Return the stock to the boil over high heat and add the diced celery, diced carrot and potatoes. Return to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and green shallot, cover and cook for a further 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the saucepan and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Season with salt and ground black pepper and serve with the crusty bread roll.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable soupfatContent: 380.01 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 52 grams protein