The ingredient of Lemon chicken with saffron rice
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 lemon, rind grated, juiced
- pinch saffron threads
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
The instruction how to make Lemon chicken with saffron rice
- Place drumsticks into a large shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- Make marinade Drizzle chicken with lemon juice, oil, rosemary and pepper. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours, turning.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Transfer chicken and marinade to a roasting pan. Cook for 45 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, lemon rind, juice and saffron.
- Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes. Stir rice with a fork. Serve with chicken.
Nutritions of Lemon chicken with saffron ricefatContent: 561.889 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein