The ingredient of Salt & chilli chicken salad
- 1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120g mixed salad leaves
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 (about 450g) single chicken breast fillets
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
The instruction how to make Salt & chilli chicken salad
- Combine tomato, salad leaves and onion in a bowl. Whisk olive oil and lemon juice in a jug. Season with pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad mixture and toss until well coated. Place in a serving bowl.
- Slice the chicken across the grain into 2cm-thick strips. Combine flour, chilli powder, garlic powder and salt in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss until well coated. Shake off any excess.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat to reach a depth of 1.5cm. Add one-third of the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat in 2 more batches with remaining chicken, adding and reheating oil between batches.
- To serve, arrange chicken over salad and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
Nutritions of Salt & chilli chicken saladfatContent: 348.94 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein
sodiumContent: 66 milligrams cholesterol