Lift the lid on your barbie to create colourful kebabs that are perfect for spring entertaining or midweek dining.
The ingredient of Ginger chicken and peach skewers
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm chunks
- 6 free-stone peaches, halved, stone removed, cut into quarters
- 3 shallots, cut into 4cm lengths
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Ginger chicken and peach skewers
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, oil and ginger in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a barbeque grill or chargrill pan over a medium-high heat. Alternately thread the chicken, peach and shallots onto the skewers. Barbeque or chargrill the skewers, turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden. Serve with the baby spinach leaves.
Nutritions of Ginger chicken and peach skewersfatContent: 343.921 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 25 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 99 milligrams cholesterol