The ingredient of Poached chicken with ginger salad
- 4 single chicken breast fillets
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, roots reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 4 shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice wine or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
The instruction how to make Poached chicken with ginger salad
- Place the chicken in a saucepan. Add the coriander roots, pepper, salt, sesame oil and 3 cups (750ml) water.
- Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Cover and remove the pan from the heat. Set aside for at least 1 1/2 hours. Drain and shred the chicken into large pieces.
- Combine the cucumber, ginger, shallots, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Gently squeeze the cucumbers to soften them. Stir in coriander leaves. Serve the salad with the chicken.
Nutritions of Poached chicken with ginger saladfatContent: 266.963 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol