Served with mashed potatoes and green beans, this chicken dish makes a budget-friendly and easy weeknight meal.
The ingredient of Creamy mushroom and chive chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 4 rashers rindless shortcut bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat thickened cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy mushroom and chive chicken
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add bacon and onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion has softened and bacon is golden. Add garlic and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mushroom has browned.
- Return chicken to pan. Add stock. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, turning chicken occasionally, for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Stir in cream and chives. Serve with mashed potato and green beans.
Nutritions of Creamy mushroom and chive chickenfatContent: 410.602 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein
sodiumContent: 177 milligrams cholesterol