Incorporate some vegies into the kids diet without the fight with the help of these tasty nuggets.
The ingredient of Chicken and vegie nuggets
- 1 zucchini, finely grated (see note)
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 270g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil cooking spray
- potato wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegie nuggets
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Using your hands, squeeze grated zucchini to remove excess liquid. Place zucchini in a large bowl. Add mince, carrot, corn and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Place breadcrumbs on a large plate. Shape tablespoons of mixture into nuggets. Coat nuggets in breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess (see tip). Place on prepared tray.
- Spray nuggets lightly with oil. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning nuggets halfway during cooking, or until golden and cooked through. Serve with potato wedges.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegie nuggetsfatContent: 156.306 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 15 grams protein
sodiumContent: 83 milligrams cholesterol