Whats better than a chicken parmi? A chicken parmi in a burger!
The ingredient of Chicken parmigiana burger
- 140g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs (made u2028from day-old bread)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 eggs
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 (about 500g) chicken breast fillets, u2028sliced horizontally
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 160ml (2/3 cup) napoletana pasta sauce
- 120g kasseri cheese, sliced
- Kewpie Mayonnaise, to serve
- 4 damper rolls, split, toasted
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Fresh basil, extra, to serve
- Chips, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Chicken parmigiana burger
- Combine the breadcrumbs and basil on a large plate. Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Place flour on a separate large plate. Season.
- Dip a piece of chicken in the flour to coat. Shake off any excess. Coat in the egg. Coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Transfer to a tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken, flour, egg and breadcrumb mixture. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the schnitzels, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Preheat grill to high. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and top with slices of cheese. Grill for 3 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Spread mayo over the base of the damper rolls. Top with rocket. Cut each chicken parma in half and stack on top of the rocket. u2028Top with basil leaves and bread tops. Serve with chips if using.
Nutritions of Chicken parmigiana burgerfatContent: 699.314 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein