Fill crisp lettuce cups with coconut satay chicken and rice for a quick weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy.
The ingredient of Satay chicken lettuce cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 450g pkt microwavable basmati rice
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Chopped toasted peanuts, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Satay chicken lettuce cups
- Place the oil and chicken in a large bowl and toss to coat. Heat a frying pan or wok over high heat. Stir-fry the chicken, in batches, for 5 mins or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut milk, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and 2 tbs water to the pan or wok. Cook, stirring, until peanut butter is melted. Return the chicken to the pan or wok and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions. Divide the lettuce leaves among serving plates. Top with rice, chicken mixture, capsicum, onion, cucumber, coriander and peanut. Season. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Satay chicken lettuce cupsfatContent: