Zoodles, or zucchini noodles, are a fabulous low-carb and gluten-free alternative to serve with this easy chicken dinner.
The ingredient of Chicken, parmesan and zoodle skillet
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 55g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 large (about 500g) chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g btl napoletana tomato pasta sauce
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into long, very thin strips (using a mandoline or spiraliser)
- 50g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, parmesan and zoodle skillet
- Lightly whisk the egg and water in a shallow bowl. Combine the almond meal, parmesan and basil on a plate. Season the chicken. Dip 1 chicken piece in egg, then almond meal mixture, pressing to coat. Transfer to a lined plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken, egg wash and almond meal mixture, pressing to coat well.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Reserve 1/2 cup tomato sauce. Add remaining tomato sauce to pan and bring to the boil. Add the zucchini and simmer for 2 minutes or until just starting to soften. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven grill to high. Return chicken to pan. Spoon over reserved tomato sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Sprinkle with extra basil.
Nutritions of Chicken, parmesan and zoodle skilletfatContent: 451.71 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein