With the crunch of nuts and the flavour of lemon, this tasty chicken and couscous salad is sure to please.
The ingredient of Chicken and lemon couscous salad
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) couscous
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat chopped
- 3 spring onions with bulbs, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 6 brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Chicken and lemon couscous salad
- Place couscous in a large bowl. Stir in the lemon rind and juice, 1 cup (250ml) boiling water and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and toss until well combined. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken and lemon couscous saladfatContent: 720.824 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 77 grams protein
sodiumContent: 233 milligrams cholesterol