Treat the family to these easy chicken and chickpea fritters - the kids, in particular, will love them!
The ingredient of Chicken and chickpea fritters
- 300g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
The instruction how to make Chicken and chickpea fritters
- Make Basic batter: Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk and eggs together in a jug. Add egg mixture to flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl. Mash until almost smooth. Stir chickpeas, chicken, coriander and lemon rind into batter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Using 1/4 cup mixture per fritter, cook 4 fritters for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat to make 12 fritters. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and chickpea frittersfatContent: 266.963 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein
sodiumContent: 157 milligrams cholesterol