This delicious and deceptively simple whole chicken recipe is best cooked in a slow cooker.
The ingredient of Whole spiced chicken
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.4kg whole chicken
- 4 large potatoes, halved (see note)
- steamed vegetables, to serve
The instruction how to make Whole spiced chicken
- Combine paprika, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper, oil and 2 tablespoons cold water in a bowl.
- Rinse chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Trim excess fat. Tie legs together with string. Using clean hands, rub chicken with paprika mixture.
- Place potatoes in base of 4.5 litre-capacity slow cooker (see note). Place chicken, breast side up, on potatoes (see note). Cook, covered, on LOW for 6 hours or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables.
Nutritions of Whole spiced chickenfatContent: 480.39 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein
sodiumContent: 164 milligrams cholesterol