Made easier with ready-roasted chook, the mushroom-flavoured filling is the secret inside this picnic-perfect golden pie.
The ingredient of Chicken and mushroom pot pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin removed, flesh roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 sheets ready-rolled frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Chicken and mushroom pot pies
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook leek, garlic and bacon for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft. Add mushrooms and chicken. Cook, tossing gently, for 2 minutes, or until mushrooms soften slightly.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tablespoons of stock. Add to saucepan with remaining stock. Bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened. Add cream. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Lightly grease 4 x 1 1/4-cup capacity ramekins. Using tops of ramekins as a guide, cut 2 rounds from each pastry sheet. Divide chicken mixture between ramekins.
- Place pastry circles on top of chicken mixture. Press with a fork to seal edges. Pierce a small hole in centre of each pastry lid. Brush lids with egg. Place pies onto a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and mushroom pot piesfatContent: 951.22 calories
saturatedFatContent: 51 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 26 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 83 grams protein
sodiumContent: 366 milligrams cholesterol