This chicken and cashew biryani is a tasty weeknight meal.
The ingredient of Chicken and cashew biryani
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 4 (about 300g) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- 1 cup (200g) Basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (80g) toasted cashews
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and cashew biryani
- Heat half the ghee in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat remaining ghee in pan; add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add garlic, cumin, fennel, garam masala and curry leaves and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add chicken and rice and stir to combine. Add stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add cashews and use a fork to gently toss. Spoon among serving bowls. Top with coriander and natural yoghurt, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken and cashew biryanifatContent: 468.679 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein
sodiumContent: 72 milligrams cholesterol